The fruit has long been regarded as one of the best dietary foods
Giving your body a fruit diet rich in vitamins and minerals. Among the most powerful fruits is the acai berry fruit, which is known to be a super-charged antioxidant. The acai berry fruit (pronounced ah-sigh-ee) is a fruit that comes in small purple berries and to many who have tasted it around the world; the acai fruit is pleasant to the palate.
The acai berry fruit gained national attention when it was named as the Oprah Show’s number one antioxidant food on the market, beating out the blueberry and red wine. With its debut on such a well-known stage, more research has been done to learn more about fruit. It is the acai fruit has been a “rock star” for those who utilize a fruit diet for prolonged health.
Acai is a fruit that comes from an Amazonian palm tree found in the rain forests of Brazil. It is a fruit that claims to provide these health-promoting benefits:
1. Antioxidants – It is a fruit that detoxifies the body of unwanted, harmful agents to the body. These include free radicals that cause cancer and cardiovascular disease.
2. Increased energy – Many people report a “strong energy surge” throughout the day since being on an acai fruit diet. Those who are “self-claimed coffee addicts” have set aside their coffee mugs in favor of acai blended juices and smoothies.
3. Weight loss – Because the body is maximizing its potential and its energy while digesting the acai berry fruit, most research shows a marked shedding of excess pounds. It is believed that the combination of amino acids, fatty acids, and phytosterols improve one’s metabolism while reducing the urge to eat.
4. Sleep aid – Incorporating the acai fruit into your diet on a consistent basis is said to give you a better night’s rest.
5. Improved digestion – We all know the rhyme about fruit, “Fruit, fruit, the more you eat, the more you toot.” As funny and as crude as the song can be, the fruit helps to move things along, keeping your digestive system running more efficiently.
6. Boosting the immune system and cardiovascular health.
7. Muscular health – It is only natural that your muscles would benefit from this Brazilian fruit. With an increase in metabolism and energy comes a more healthy body, ready for the challenges of work and play.
8. Prevents the aging process – Because acai fruit contains a high dose of antioxidants, it can detour the aging process, making you look and feel much younger.
(It is important to note that many of these benefits are only reported by those who combine this fruit in their diet. Further study is being done.)
How can you enjoy the benefits of the acai berry fruit in your diet? Many health food stores carry fresh or frozen berries that can be used in pies, smoothies, cereal, and dessert toppings or an afternoon snack. You can even cook and bake with them in various recipes found in many online recipes. Also, you can find acai berry fruit juice is a concentrated form or mixed with other fruit blends.
Finally, a number of manufacturers sell acai fruit supplements for those who want to incorporate this diet fruit while on-the-go.
If you want to learn more about fruit, which type works for you and your body, consult with your physician. If you are considering the acai berry fruit in a lifestyle change, then it is even more important to consult with a doctor.
Many can provide literature so that you can get the right daily dosage and data about fruit like the acai berry.