Specialty Surgeon Complete Packaged Procedure for a Total Hip Replacement using a Biomet Taperlock Prosthesis. Conventional Total Hip Replacement (Hip Arthroplasty) is a long-established procedure for the treatment of Hip Arthritis. The purpose of total hip replacement is to remove the two damaged and worn parts of the hip joint- the hip socket (acetabulum) and the ball (femoral head) – and replace them with smooth, artificial implants called prostheses, which help make the hip strong, stable, and flexible again.
Total Hip Replacement Package includes:
– Basic material, cost and material necessary for the surgery.
– Surgery room for 90 minutes.
– Recovery room for 1 hour.
– Hospital private room for two days which includes (the meals for the patient, TV with cable services, wireless internet.
– Prosthesis Biomet Taperlock http://www.biomet.com/patients/taperloc.cfm
– Pre-op exams: blood work, coagulation labs, chest X- Ray, pretransfusional labs.
– Nursing service.
– Physician prescribed physical therapy.
Budget does not include:
– Additional time in endoscopic room
– Any complications during surgery or recovery room
– Additional medications
– Laboratory test or other another procedures according to medical evaluation before surgery.
This treatment package for a Total Hip Replacement using a Biomet Taperlock Prosthesis, the cost includes the facility fee, physician’s fee, cost of drugs and any related medical procedures required to administer the plan of care. Not included are other diagnostic studies, consultations with additional specialists and cost of complication management; travel, food and lodging.