Heart Surgery Abroad
Many people would consider traveling abroad for heart surgery to be a drastic measure but with long waiting lists in national health care systems and the high price of surgery in the U.S. private system, this is exactly the action many people are taking. Heart surgery abroad also called cardiac surgery abroad or heart procedures abroad can cost 50 to 30 percent less than you would pay for the average U.S. price of the same. The standard of care is equivalent, if not better than standards in those hospitals.
Reasons for Heart Surgery Abroad
Each day, thousands of people have heart surgery. There are many different types of heart surgery. Surgeries may be used to:
- Repair or replace the valves that control blood flow through the heart’s chambers.
- Bypass or widen blocked or narrowed arteries to the heart.
- Repair aneurysms, or bulges in the aorta, which can be deadly if they burst.
- Implant devises to regulate heart rhythms.
- Destroy small amounts of tissue that disturb electrical flow through the heart.
- Make channels in the heart muscle to allow blood from a heart chamber directly into the heart muscle.
- Boost the heart’s pumping power with muscles taken from the back or abdomen.
- Replace the damaged heart with a heart from a donor.
Visit the MTM e-Catalog for information and pricing on heart surgery abroad.