Replacing your toothbrush
Every three to four months is a recommendation by the American Dental Association. In fact, today is a good day to start.
While you’re at it, include these six tips into your dental hygiene habit for healthy teeth and your best smile.
1. Allow your toothbrush to do the work. Electronic toothbrushes make the process easier for you and more gentle for your teeth. Applying pressure is not necessary. Let your toothbrush do the work so your dentist does not have to.
2. Flossing can be effortless. Products like Dentek triple clean floss picks can help those who find it difficult to floss daily or reach the back of the mouth. Staying up on flossing will keep your teeth healthy and your dental bill more reasonable.
3. Put away those snacks. The sugar from food sits on your teeth for 20 minutes. Bacteria will set in, which can cause acid and lead to tooth decay and poor dental health. Eating regular meals limits this process.
4. Start chewing sugarless gum that contains xylitol, a sugar alcohol that is used as a sugar substitute in candy and gum. This sweetener fights bacteria.
5. Take a toothbrush to go, especially now that they are made to fit into your pocket. It’s easy to stay up on your dental hygiene while you’re on the go.
6. Drink more water. The pH balance of water will neutralize the inside of your mouth, helping to wash away cavity-causing bacteria from your teeth.
Nothing can replace the basics: brushing, flossing and visiting the dentist twice a year. But incorporating these six tips will help your dental hygiene stay on track between dental health visits. Read more on Dental Health…