Are you in need of surgery?
Whether it be for an elective procedure or general surgery, you can travel abroad to find a surgical center in just about every nation around the world.
More and more, medical tourism is becoming a popular choice for those who are in need of just about any type of medical procedure.
You may want to consider an international surgical center if you are not covered by insurance plans, Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. General surgery abroad is a good idea for those surgery candidates who are considered to be “under-insured” because of high deductibles, waitlists, and limited physicians for your specific procedures.
How can an international hospital afford to pass on the savings to you? International surgical centers are able to avoid the high costs of hospital surgery which pads the prices with labor costs, overhead, administrative expenses, and insurance contracts. Low labor and medicinal costs allow patients who want and need surgery to take advantage of high-quality medical procedures at a fraction of the cost.
As a potential surgical patient, you can travel to Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Costa Rico, El Salvador, Guatemala, Hungary, India, Jordan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Panama, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
From joint replacement to dental surgery and from cardiac care to cosmetic surgery, you can get it all at a fraction of the price that you might pay in your home country.
General surgery options include:
- Cancer Treatments
- Cardiac Surgery
- Coronary Angiography
- Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA or PCI)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG)
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Dental Procedures
- Gastric Bypass and Mini Gastric Bypasses
- Gastric Sleeves
- Hip Replacement
- Knee Replacement
- Lap Bands
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Liver Transplant or Hepatic Transplantation
- Spinal Procedures
One of the most popular types of medical tourism procedures is cosmetic.
Cosmetic surgeons in numerous international countries can offer so many services:
- Breast Augmentation (Mammoplasty)
- Breast Reduction
- Dental cosmetic surgery
- Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Facelifts (Rhytidectomy)
- Liposuction (Lipoplasty)
- Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
- Tummy Tucks (Abdominoplasty)
Cosmetic surgeons in North America charge relatively high prices for this type of surgery but those cosmetic surgeons in other countries can perform outstanding work at lower prices while you enjoy a time of rest and relaxation in the country of your choice.
If you are looking for breast augmentation or reduction, you could pay approximately $10,000 in the United States. However, the same procedure in another country could cost from $2500 to $3000.
A facelift in the States might cost you $20,000 but to have it performed abroad might cost you only $3000. Finally, a tummy tuck that normally costs around $8000 to $9000 would cost only $3500 elsewhere.
When you compare these prices, it’s not surprising that many patients consider visiting a surgical center abroad for their desired services.
What do you look for when shopping for the right surgical center? First, do your homework.
Find a medical facilitator that is able to provide you with a complete packet of international doctors who specialize in your surgery needs, prime hospital locations, and the best package for your budget.
Here are some things to look for when shopping for the best medical provider:
- Superior health care services.
- Highly trained and experienced surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses, and other health care staff.
- State-of-the-art facilities.
- International medical accreditation.
- Consistent medical research performed by your hospital of choice.
- Access to top-quality pharmacies and medications.
- Safe travel destinations and five-star accommodations.
- Quality emergency and recovery procedures.
- Out-patient care and follow up with your surgeons.
- Beginning and post communications with your doctors abroad and at home.